23 January 2018

Houses for Downtown Kedelkalak

Using some city walls that Richard Phillips has in production, I plan to add the walled northern city of Kedelkalak to this year's vision of Andreivia. I'll be needing to add some buildings to its streets of course.

Over the weekend I had a dig through the map chest where I keep things that might be useful for terrain one day.  Having spent a day recently gluing together and cutting out boardgames components I suppose I was receptive to the idea of having a go at some flat-pack buildings I found therein.

First up is this low-profile shop I got free on the front cover of a model railway magazine I spotted on my weekly supermarket shop:


It's by Metcalfe Models and I have to say it was a joy to put together.  It came preprinted and die-stamped in heavy grade cardboard with clear plastic for the windows.  The instructions were comprehensive and very clear.


As you can see I added a suitably Andreivian name board in place of the English ones that came in the pack.

I also found some paper buildings I'd printed out years ago and filed away in the can't-be-bothered pile.  I made this one first:


As you can see it's actually more like 15mm scale but it may find a place somewhere in the crowded streets of the city.  It needs a bit of paint to disguise the white, cut edges.


The next building looks like it came from the same source as the above.  I blew it up to 133% of the original size using my scanner.


It's a peculiar little structure; all doors and windows but it will do.  Given the adverts on the sides it may see use in France for WW2 games too.



3 comments:

Andy Canham said...

Looking good. I like the Metcalfe models. I've got a few built and in the stash, although they have a very British look to them.

Cheers, Andy

Phil said...

Glad to see this kind of beautiful buildings!

Counterpane said...

Thanks guys!