Today I made considerable progress on laying down some tracks...
|Track-laying in progress.|
The shot above was taken just before I started adding stone chippings as ballast. This was tipped roughly into place with a spatula and then coaxed into the right position with a paintbrush. Finally I dripped on a mixture of PVA and water with a little washing up liquid added to help it flow. Capillary action carries the adhesive through the stones and binds them together.
The shot below shows a possible layout with my warehouse as the Goods Station.
The ballast seems to have adhered quite well. Close up (below) it's a bit messy but a little washing and dry brushing will help considerably. The wooded level crossings need painting to tone down the coffee stirrers from which they are made.